Provides transport services for the Adelaide Metropolitan region.
InfoCentre: Corner King William and Currie Streets, Adelaide
Tel: 1300 311 108
8am–6pm Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm Saturday, 11am–4pm Sunday
Adult Migrant English Program
TAFE SA English Language Services (ELS) delivers the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) across South Australia. Classes are full-time or part- time, day or evening. In addition, students can study by Distance Learning, privately with e-learning modules or with a volunteer home tutor who visits for two hours per week.
For humanitarian entrants and migrants aged 18 years and above with less than 'functional English'. Check eligibility at TAFE SA English Language Services, Level 5, 127 Rundle Mall, Adelaide.
Tel: +61 8 8226 6555.
Eligible students must register within the first six months of arrival in Australia. Entry to classes may occur only in the first two weeks of each school term. For more information about the AMEP, visit the Department of Social Service's interactive map of settlement services.
Provide care, education, health, community development activities and family services for families and their young children. Each Children's Centre is tailored to meet the needs of the local community. For families and their young children aged from birth to eight years of age. Run by the Department for Education and Early Childhood Development.
Tel: +61 8 8226 1755
- Cowandilla Children's Centre, 34 Wilson St, Cowandilla
+61 8 8352 5346
- Hackham West Children's Centre, 9 Vintners Walk, Hackham West (enter via entrance on Fairview Grove)
+61 8 8382 6161
- Woodcroft Heights Children's Centre, Woodcroft Heights Children's Centre, 25 Investigator Drive, Woodcroft
+61 8 8381 8005
Community centres offer a range of activities and programs for local people. Find local community centres and neighbourhood houses.
Community legal services
Provide legal advice and referrals, negotiating on behalf of clients and, in some cases, representation in court. Some community legal services have child support workers, financial counsellors, and mediation services. In general, they help people who are not eligible for legal aid but cannot afford a private lawyer. Run by the Southern Community Justice Centre.
Tel: +61 8 8384 5222
Community Links Program
Provides information and support to enable individuals who are socially isolated connect to and participate in community activities. For older people and people who have a disability. Run by Baptist Care SA
At: 1 Ramrod Avenue, Hallett Cove
Tel: +61 8 8322 9255
Fern Avenue Community Garden Project
Community garden which allows local people to grow food for themselves in individual plots assisted by volunteers, with special emphasis on needs of unemployed, disadvantaged and disabled people. Also offers low cost courses in organic gardening and other workshops. For people in the Unley council area.
At: 18-20 Fern Avenue, Fullarton
Tel: +61 8 8271 5430
Free computer access
Find out where free internet, computer and training resources are available in your local area:
- Aldinga Community Centre, Aldinga Beach
Tel: +61 8 8556 5940
- Christie Downs Community House, corner Flaxmill and Morton Roads, Christie Downs
Tel: +61 8 8384 6894
- Cooinda Neighborhood Centre, Corner Sturt and Diagonal Roads, Sturt
Tel: +61 8 8375 6703
- Coromandel Community Centre, Weymouth Oval, 442B Main Rd, Coromandel Valley
Tel: +61 8 8370 6880
- Elizabeth House Over 50s Centre, 112 Elizabeth Road, Christie Downs
Tel: +61 8 8384 5170
- Family Connections Hackham, 72 Collins Parade, Hackham
Tel: +61 8 8186 6944
- Flagstaff Community Centre, Coromandel Street, Flagstaff Hill
Tel: +61 8 8383 6888
- Glandore Community Centre, 25 Naldera St, Glandore
Tel: +61 8 8371 1139
- Hackham West Community Centre, Corner Majorca Road and Warsaw Crescent, Hackham West
Tel: +61 8 8384 1065
- Mitchell Park Neighborhood Centre, 1 Cumbria Centre, Mitchell Park
Tel: +61 8 8277 8435
- Noarlunga Downs P-7 School, Canterbury Crescent, Noarlunga Downs
Tel: +61 8 8384 4395
- Reynella Neighbourhood Centre, 164 Old South Rd, Old Reynella
Tel: +61 8 8322 3591
- Seaford/Moana Neighbourhood Centre, Beechwood Grove, Seaford
Tel: +61 8 8386 3319
- Trott Park Neighbourhood Centre, 34 Hessing Crescent, Trott Park
Tel: +61 8 8387 2074
- Wakefield House Over 50s Community Centre, 65 Acre Avenue, Morphett Vale
Tel: +61 8 8384 6158
- Youth Life Centre, corner of Melsetter and Lindisfarne Roads, Huntfield Heights
Tel: +61 8 8382 1600
Also available at local council offices and libraries.
Health Services Finder
A free online directory of private and public health related services in SA. Find your local health service.
- Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park
Tel: +61 8 8204 5511
- Noarlunga Health Service, Alexander Kelly Drive Noarlunga Centre
Tel: +61 8 8384 9222
- Repatriation General Hospital, Daws Road, Daw Park
Tel: +61 8 8276 9666
Humanitarian Settlement Services
You can find out more about services in your area via the Department of Social Service's interactive map of settlement services for humanitarian entrants.
Assists childcare services to respond to the needs of all children in their care, particularly those with refugee status and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Bi Cultural Support Program
Tel: +61 8 8358 2230
- South West Adelaide & Kangaroo Island
Unit 1, 18-20 Scholefield Road, Seacliff
Tel: +61 8 8358 2299
Various information is available at local libraries, often in other languages. Find your for your nearest library
Local and District Councils
Local and district councils provide a range of services for those resident in their council area. Find your local council
Map of South Australia
A free, confidential health service for young people. Includes drop-in general and sexual health clinics, counselling/social work services; a recreation space; healthy lifestyle programs including Masterchef groups; and school holiday programs for 12-16 year olds. Marion Youth can run Team For Life programs in secondary schools for recently arrived young people; has several young people from culturally and linguistically diverse back grounds who are employed as peer educators; and has a fortnightly Recently Arrived Young Women's Group (held on Wednesday during school term between 4.30-7.30pm). For recently arrived young people aged 12 to 25 years, and the fortnightly group is for recently arrived young women from 12-16 years. Run by Southern Adelaide Local Area Health Network, SA Health.
At: Marion Youth, GP Plus Health Care Centre Marion, 10 Milham Street, Oaklands Park
Tel: +61 8 7425 8200
Family counselling, individual counselling and financial counseling on sexual concerns, domestic and family violence, separation, HIV and Hepatitis, post adoption, and problem gambling. Run by Relationships Australia (SA)
Tel: +61 8 8223 4566 / 1300 364 277 / 1800 182 325
Sexual health advice
Free, confidential Sexual Health Clinics and Counselling for all new arrivals. Run by Shine SA. Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (please phone for appointment)
At: GP Plus, 10 Milham Street, Oaklands Park
Tel: +61 8 8186 8600
Sexual Health Information: 1300 883 793
Many SA Government owned resources can be used for free or for a small fee by volunteer based organisations and community groups:
- Disability SA Southern Adelaide Offices (Christies Beach), 98 Beach Road, Christies Beach
- Disability SA Southern Adelaide Offices (Daw Park), 180 Daws Road, Daw Park
Facilities and resources available: Meeting rooms and photocopier
Tel: +61 8 8277 8566
- Repatriation General Hospital, 216 Daws Road, Daw Park
A variety of meeting spaces and open areas.
Tel: +61 88275 1601
- Southern Primary Health – Marion Youth, 249 Diagonal Road, Warradale
Recreation/group room with kitchen, billiard table, seating for up to 15, computer with access to internet, video/CD player and television.
- GP Plus Health Care Centre Aldinga, Pridham Boulevard, Aldinga Beach
Group room and small meeting rooms, kitchen facilities, and multimedia equipment (TV/DVD, PowerPoint)
Tel: +61 8 8557 9500
- Southern Primary Health - Southern Women's, Alexander Kelly Drive, Noarlunga Centre
Group room (up to 24), meeting room (up to 12 people), tables, chairs, TV and DVD, kitchen facilities.
Tel: +61 8 8384 9555
- Children Youth and Women's Health Services: Friends of Child and Family Health Branches
Various locations across South Australia
Facilities and resources available: Friends of Child and Family Health Branches across the State have a range of resources available for use by volunteer organisations. These can include facilities like meeting spaces.
Tel: +61 8 8303 1544
- SA Schools and Preschools
Various locations across South Australia
Government schools and preschools across the state have a wide variety of facilities and resources available for use by volunteer organisations.
To find out more about what's available in your community, contact your local school's Principal/Director. You can find all the locations and contact details for schools in your local area by visiting the Department of Education and Child Development website.
Campuses offer a variety of resources to volunteer organisations for a special discounted hire price - 50% off the usual hire fee. These resources will vary from campus to campus.
- Noarlunga Campus, Ramsay Place, Noarlunga Centre
- O'Halloran Hill Campus, Majors Road, O'Halloran Hill
- Panorama Campus, 621 Goodwood Road, Panorama
- Email: email@example.com